PERSISTENCE pays .....





I think that overall, in general, and in sales ::.... persistence pays:



I'm going to have to go digging in my blog-mess ...... why didn't i label them better or could i create folders within folders like i can on many #MICROSOFT user-friendly clicks; 

If that doesn't stink, then imagine me trying to create a website with GODADDY.com .... i swear this is the third time i've gone there and they are the worst user friendly, and full of glitches.  How many times do we have to hear or read about something that we have to register the fact that somebody is doing a major MAJOR push on advertising spend:  GODADDY.com.  

Or, alternatively thinking::..... who is being BIG BROTHER and becoming so in tune with my habits:  would that be GOOGLE or APPLE (i have a #MicroSoft PC, Apple iPAD, Apple iPhone6x64gb) where my every thought is surrounded by them, ready to pounce on my click to immediately float out the ads thought to be of interest to me.  Then again, MicroSoft is getting pretty intuitive these days.  I keep getting that steady circle next to the ever-loving "START" button on high alert::.... do i or don't i start being lazy?  Yet, that could mean that i could be blogging at breakneck speed from so much knowledge, and data paraded in front of me.

TISSUE


TISSUE

https://www.kleenex.com/en-ca/products/facial-tissues/everyday-tissue
KLEENEX


There's some nifty maneuvering going on out there with these content Kings like BUFFER, POCKET, PINTEREST who have partnered up with GOOGLE's Chrome (old habits die hard, i will be like tissue paper never succumbing to the pressure of calling itself a KLEENEX).  Google can rename itself to fall under Alphabet as it is scrambling to the top of the heap for being a 'data' company.  Just you watch.  While everyone else starts turning around and looking across the floor, wondering how they could have lost the race even though they couldn't find the light at the end of the finish line.  

I've shared before (and here I go looking again to insert otherwise my blogs would be shorter, quicker and not encumbered by fact checking or research (perhaps enter content captures like the every incredible IFTTT).   

@ifttt knows how to jump hoops around data.  Where Facebook and Google are faced off in the ring together, to win the "data champion of the world" platinum ring, Google leading because its grasp of the "obvious" still continues to astound everyone else.  Remember on G+ [ googlePLUS GOOGLEplus Google+ google+ ] you don't "follow" people, you have them in your circles.  How more ZEN can you get?  It sure would resonate with the other big jump in the information world:  MINDFULNESS.  There, I've written a bit more about it while meanderingsABOUT blogging.  

Write a book, film a documentary Michael Moore (it would be right up your alley to mock what is considered general belief to knock everyone's socks off with your seriously talented eye and creativity.  The epitome of what I want to be like when I grow up:  insightful, creative, honest and real.  Except, right now, I am looking to create that by writing words.

I can only write words when I am aware of what is going on around me.  Absorbing and gulping down an array of words, poems, quotes, quips clashing in conflict with the creative eye drawn to things of beauty.  There is so much of that out there.  Huh, I guess I can really take this "Mindfulness" and wrap my own head around it better.  

Like a snake or octopus (that i've referred to myself affectionately a few times on INBETWEENERS that I've recently named:  YUPPYdom ..... realizing, through writing, that as I sift through the years, totally opposite of what MINDFULNESS is all about ::.... staying in the PRESENT time, moment, second.  That is a very very very hard thing to do.

As an assignment, try following along with me as I check it all out and just reiterate in my own words founded by my own presumptions, just interpreting what I see, hear, watch but mostly READ what is going on around me.  NOW and put a HALT to thinking about tomorrow's appointments or yesterday's regret.

Sorry, sidebar (URCH, SCREECHhhhhh) Why is it that we only "dwell" in the past.  Or we "recall" the mishaps, segmented down to seconds of instant swayed reaction which would have better ramifications.  That's a screenplay idea isn't it?  Well, that's an area I haven't tried.  LOL, I haven't even got near to writing a book.  In the back of my mind, I'm writing it.  I started organizing it by blogs of different topics that interest me:  commentary | publishing | life+love+lifestyle (including beauty and fashion, underscored by admitting I stumble around on POLYVORE ::... to design and test my DIVA worthiness.  

In sales, as in life, you have to have a level of persistence.  Think of it as being graceful ballerina compared to INDY race.  You just don't have time for a bucket list ::.... or do you?  Why not?  Something that could be further investigated and written about on YUPPYdom with Word Press.

I promised a comparison between Google's Blogspot and Word Press and I've been dragging my fingers.  I guess the jury isn't in yet.  My knuckles and main readership derived and arrived by creating this blog, with Google, when my instincts told me to write about how sacred Google would become.  Heroic of "only in Game of Thrones" masterful proportions.  

It isn't fair either on user-friendliness because I was fumbling around when I first created this Blog back in 2010 (yes, soooooooo or sewwwwwwwwwwww many years ago).  To being more comfortable and confident in searching for something and which partnership is supporting others the most.

Under that note, I have to say that I started out supporting SocialFave out of admiration and respect for +Philippe  since we connected on Linked In when I was a brand-spanking-newbie on social media.  Linked In is where I dipped my toes in.   As I answer people's question in person all the time:  do I really need to be on Twitter? Geez whiz kidz YEsBIZ ::... defining it as a way of casting your personalized net across the universe and seeing what stays in that web you are pulling ashore.   I like how Twitter enables me to reach deeper and deeper inside of myself to experiment, discover new information channels, build better awareness for the NOW (still massively, almost impossible, tough).    

As what often happens in any clique or popularity group, a few start to get bored and maybe even roll their eyes at each other before slowly creeping out of the room before anyone notices.  Many of the YUPPY folks of my youth were amassed under the umbrella of LINKED IN, with the Millennials pushing us from behind, the genX totally crushed in between.  A few went exploring new and intriguing ways to communicate and amass even more information, across every mile possible (even space if you paid attention to the Canadian Astronaut who was teaching science to kids from space, as the Space Commander).  

By then, I'd carefully placed my basket of goodies:  knowledge, experience, character, fashionista style, gregarious personality in with Google, while I left to explore places like Twitter and much later on Facebook and glimmer from Pinterest.    There were no user manuals.  Which seems ridiculously odd for the YUPPY ~hood who were in the thick of the 80s when Bible/Quaran-thick manuals were dumped on us from everywhere!  You couldn't buy anything without being indebted to all the plastic, books, booklets and encyclopedias came with it.  Enter my era of the 90s.  The persistent patience presented an opportunity to be interested in something, be savvy about it, and then sell it.

Yes, I have been lucky.  Or, does success fall upon those at the right place and right time?    Busted, I know.  That is NOT a MINDFUL thought.  Then again, like space explorers now or sea travelers back then, pushing all us to move beyond our own squared, boxed in thinking.  So narrow in views that peace is less of an option.  As long as two opposing parties believe that they have the ONLY answer, we will struggle to move beyond so much turmoil around us today.  Then again, lucky if you were born when I was.  I am more familiar with sifting through hype and reality, think about the short shelf of the disco era?  If it were up to the Yuppy generation, it would be right up there as a sub-culture of rock and roll.  

Gratitude
Right now, I am mindful and thankful for +SocialFave and the team.  What a great tool for customizing one's Twitter relationship.  More like an extension for the Twitter devotee than a tool.  A great example of perseverance, persistence by the founder.  I'm too polite to ask whether it has paid off yet.  I'm going to guess not, because I want to sprinkle back that business savvy gained from sales hiccups.  The pay off is ultimately the longest wait.  As my dad would always ask me, sidetracking me quickly and surprisingly or more nurturing and understanding:  "What is the pay off?".  Great idea to keep that question close at hand, to assist with the struggle of not dwelling on the past or hurry to quickly towards the future.  A nice way to say, hey, I like it NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM