A schemer and a dreamer; living in the land of me, me, ME

Monday October 24 2016

A net magazine
As I peruse and surf the stratosphere, I ponder and mull the idea of creating an online magazine.  I come across some pretty splendid ones.  This is not a unique idea or a new one.

If you don't know by now, you haven't been reading my blog much, or maybe not at all.  Fair enough.  You're here now.  That's what matters in the scheme of things.



You could call me a schemer and a dreamer.  I like to see what is out there and ready to unfold.  While working hard and pressing for self-improvement with focus on being a mindful practitioner.  

Experience
I've created a magazine.  I've launched one.  I've had it printed and distributed.  I've worked with ad agencies, ad agents, national, global affiliations with writers and freelancers around the world.  

Well that was let's say about 15 or so years ago.  But man, I loved it.  I was like my own world of Oprah.  Living in the land of me, me, ME.  

Purpose
The search for cause and purpose gives me more energy than that someone of "my age" would normally allow.  Energy is not something that I've been accused of lacking.  In fact, it is when I seem quieter and relaxed, my familiar over reacts, thinking I may be becoming lethargic.  

Worry by loved ones is never a bad thing.  May everyone always have someone who cares that much for them, as you.  Unique as you are.

I will continue to blog in various genres to test the aptitude of my writing and attitude of anyone taking the time to read.  When one is ten times more than zero.  

I appreciate having you along on my various experiments.  One that is evolving almost by accident currently:  using Google's blogspot blogging platform to see if it makes a difference since they are driving search results.  

I have a blog on Word Press and the crowd seemed very cozy and supportive.  Not that that has driven any great volume to that blog.  There are a few that do.  But it is still a crowd of cheerleaders who will promote each other by popularity, politics and the normal high school power struggles.

Say it and share it

So, I've written it down.

I've shared it.

Now it is time to do it.

NOW

Not tomorrow.

TODAY

Not later.

EXCEPT

Not this minute.

Being mindful does not mean one has to fast forward from task to task, never taking the time to savor it.  Enjoy it.  There is only one of it.

That sounds like a poem:  I'll have to admit, searching, reading and sharing poetry with a purpose on The Publisher has expanded my horizon on poetry.  I tested myself to see if I could read poetry.  Not something that I have done.  Give it a try.  I think you will enjoy how it appeals to the senses as much as I.

Yes, I, I, I.

To create a magazine:  I will be the Publisher 
(check, blog started)

To produce a creative theme:  I will have to assemble a cast of talent                                                        (started)

To have words written that people enjoy:  I will continue to observe the best I can discover.          (started)

To earn income that encourages growth and improvement:   I will have to persevere, be dedicated with a strong commitment and disciplined effort.                                                                                      (get started)





CHECK OUT my selection
 of Halloween Poetry:         


https://publishcanada.blogspot.ca/2016/10/caldrons-bubble-lots-of-trouble.html


NOTE (meaning)

Shaka sign


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Shaka (disambiguation).
The "shaka" sign is a common greeting in the Hawaiian culture, subsequently also used in surfer culture.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture. It consists of extending the thumb and smallest finger while holding the three middle fingers curled, and gesturing in salutation while presenting the front or back of the hand; the hand may be rotated back and forth for emphasis. The shaka sign was adopted from local Hawaiian culture and customs by visiting surfers in the 1960s, and its use has spread around the world.

Meaning and use[edit]

Hawaiians use the shaka to convey the "Aloha Spirit", a concept of friendship, understanding, compassion, and solidarity among the various ethnic cultures that reside in Hawaii, lacking a direct semantic to literal translation. The shaka can also be used to express "howzit?", "thanks, eh?", and "all right!" Drivers will often use it on the road to communicate distant greetings and gratitude.
In American Sign Language, the shaka is one of the two signs used to refer to surfing.[citation needed] In California, the shaka sign may be referred to as "hang loose" or "hang ten"—both associated with surfer culture.[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM