Create content on social media that sticks



The power of creative visuals

Most of us learn by reading blogs like this or observing a great example by someone else and then adopting the idea.





Google Plus (G+)

In my opinion, Google Plus (G+) displays images the best.  I was fortunate to be one of the initial adopters of G+.  What I like about G+ also is that the stream is not crowded unless you are following bazillions of people.



Guy Kawasaki

Guy is the first person I first initially noticed always had a strong visual to compliment his posts to emphasize his posts on G+ and whom I adopted this idea from his lead.

I've written about it, and walk the walk all the time by including strong visuals.  I do like powerful photo images and keep a folder on my PC desktop to host some of my favorites.




Art
Creates strong visuals also and artists can always use the boost when you credit them for their creation.

When I'm in a certain mood, I will pull them out, look for a quote from a Google search that I feel compliments the image.  Then I have it for posting on Twitter, Facebook or Google Plus mostly.

You can do a Google Search on anything.  I will do the search and then pop into the images tab across the top of the page (not just the answers Google has supplied) to see what goodies I will find.  It's not always foolproof and sometimes I have to hunt a little harder.



Google search result for "Best of Pinterest Images"


PINTEREST
Is like my file cabinet that I want to keep to reference later on.  You can sort things by topic or categorize however you are inspired.  When you pin anything, it is displayed on Pinterest's main page, so it can filter across the screen of unknown Pinners who can like or rePIN it themselves.  It can attract new followers.


FIND ME ON PINTEREST

QUORA
Asked me this question to answer:  "How do you create content on social media that gets noticed?" and this was my answer, unedited, fresh from the source:

  1. Include powerful images. Visual creativity can be another talent that is rewarded by using images in posts.
  2. I like to find images around the web and use them for my blogs. Along the way, when I find an image that appeals to me, I will adopt it, add either my own quote or one that resonates with the message I’m trying to convey.
  • HOW TO ADD TEXT TO IMAGES: I’m not an elaborate user, have had to experiment a fair bit, and apply trial and error to get it right. I use MicroSoft PAINT. Lately, I’ve experimented with adding borders to include my quote so as to avoid ruining the image or if I don’t want to have text running across it.
  • PEOPLE LOVE QUOTES: I can be inspired to create a quote while I’m blogging and extend it to share across social media.
  • IDENTIFY yourself on your creations so that if your quote/image is shared, your name is carried.
  • IMAGE SOURCE: I try to include the photographer or artist to give them credit and recognition as often as possible.
By invitation

What I have found to be cool is that after creating these quotes with art or photos for a while, you may find yourself invited to groups to add or share content.  That is a nice reward for being prepared to do trial and error. This can increase awareness tenfold because the likelihood is that others who share the same interest, are likely to LIKE or SHARE your stuff.  If you customize it, then it should stand out.


Gratitude

Using your manners and going out of your way to thank people, attracts notice.  As with KARMA, you attract what you send out.  Never underestimate the powerful attraction of being polite.


How to use Paint to add text:






I will show you how I create the right atmosphere to 
share a quote.  Here are a few tips when using Paint:

  






You can get a pretty close match to your text 

color by using the dropper 









Just add text:


1) Select TEXT icon























2) Create Text Box

3)  Select color (click on dropper icon {the color you selected before for the border should still be saved} then choose the font, text size, boldness, you want.








and VOILA!




Give it a try
Certainly, there are apps and software out there to help you create your unique masterpiece like CANVA, etc.  However, since I started using PAINT, after trial and error, I've become more adept at using it.  I may not be a graphic designer, but I know what I like when I see it.  PAINT allows me to fiddle around and be creative.











Experiment
Sometimes, I admit, I don't always find what I am looking for, so I just create it.  I use my mouse as my drawing tool, whether to create or enhance an image.   Obviously, I need more practice.




I certainly have fun fooling around on PAINT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM