A more serious tone ...





Can you name all of the above famous people

and better yet, be able to write down their name?


If you are Canadian, can you? Do you even

know what they're famous for? Need a little

help?


But first take a pause and have a listen to this

great Canadian band. Cool and hip to anyone

born before 1985, I'd guess. Less likely to the

20 somethings I'd bet. Well, open your mind, or

just get closer .... from far away ...



GREAT Canadian musical group Nickelback ~ a Cdn TREASURE
#Canada #music #keepitCanadian


As a Canadian and foremost a Canadian, I want to speak ... or write rather ... about what has been brewing for quite some time. The issue jumps out at me at the most inopportune time. I don't grasp it, it's fleeting, yet fills me with not quite rage, disappointment is too soft, to rant would be pointless.

It was jolted just now drifting through my friends posts on Facebook or whatever Facebook was tossing my way. It was an image of CostCo and for what reason, I can't even recall? Oh, yeah, free makeup or something trashy like that.



I cannot support Costco which is an American company. If I have to, I will only shop Shopper's Drug Mart, Loblaw's, Superstore, Sobey's, Canadian Tire to protect Canadian jobs. But don't get me started on WalMart, who is trying to change the rules of buying by denying VISA usage, trying to closet consumers into revealing their habits, their medication, their size, their appetite, their needs, their desires: gadget grabs, mud packs, makeUP, musical taste. Credit cards are the most revealing side to any consumer.



I would like to head up a Consumer Group that is like a Canadian watchdog for #keepitCanadian ::.... a movement to hold Canadian companies to buying Canadian, supporting Canadian talent, all which is unique to being a Canadian.

I would even work as a Canadian Ambassador of Social Media for free if I really have to. Expelling the wonders of all that is Canadian. To make accomplishments on protecting our people, our jobs, or livelihoods.

We should take the cue from our American neighbours political politic'g about protecting US jobs. Heck, that supposedly big movie star fell into the pit along with Leo Dicaprio who thought just by being here, he could exude American wisdom. How arrogant.

I will have to scout and sleuth faithfully to find that clip at the Democratic National Convention, when, yes, even I, had tears in my eyes during the unveiling of Hilary Clinton as the first American Presidential Candidate and quite possibly, the first woman President.

What I heard from Bernie Saunder's pulpit, Donald Trump's lectern, and Hillary Clinton's microphone was how, as new founded governments, their critical first actions is to pursue which companies are evading taxes owing in their country, where they house most of their headquarters, executives with hefty bonuses in the country of origin.

Or they offshore jobs, employ foreign workers before national citizens by driving down minimum wages to protect profits.

Doesn't sound very Canadian does it? And to hear that the same thing
is causing a political revolution. We, Canadians, should take heed.

As a coalition of #keepitCanadian activists, we will amass Corporate names, executive bios, of companies that have and continue to expand outsourcing of jobs to foreign companies, not even of our soil, contribut-
ing on our high taxes, paid by us, so that our consumer dollars go to buy those very things being made somewhere else, or a job done by someone else, someplace else.



As I gather the information, depending upon contributors, we'll have to see what develops, if anything. If something does, then it should be handed personally to Justin Trudeau to see if he is the man he wants us to believe he is that wants to improve Canada, help Canadians. Don't tell me, he said: "Let's make Canada great ... again."

Well, we're already great if that group of people identified were to tell it. After all, so many of us idolize those of fame, but not always by accomplishment. That is just not the Canadian way.




I will post the answers on the first image. If you want to give it a whirl via commenting, that would be great. Only rules, top left to right; back to left and then to the right, and so on.




I look forward if anyone takes a shot.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM