STOP and smell the roses




  • "We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we are not alone."  
  •  ~Orson Welles


  • February is a month that is surrounded by love.  Centered on Valentines Day, it symbolizes giving, kindness, sharing and peace.  By examining what it means to me, I am able to clarify my goals and acknowledge that I am steady on the path of being surrounded by positive, talented, like-minded people, friends, colleague, and contacts.



We live in a world that is constantly on the go.  We have to keep pace to avoid being left behind or out of the loop.  How we accomplish that, likely determines our attitude and definition of happiness.   Even though I am not an analyst or psychologist, however, I often take stock of my own environment, influences and whether they compliment my goals or detract from them.  I believe that as adults we often focus and examine how we are doing by what matters internally:
  • attitude 
  • health
  • security
  • knowledge
  • talent
  • relationships
  • environment

"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand."
~Mother Teresa








As children, we rely on external matters to gauge our happiness and determine our well being:
  • emotions (feelings, expression, innocence)
  • love (parents, siblings, friends, teachers) 
  • surrounding (safe, secure, nurturing, role models, idols)
  • responsibility (chores, roles, carefree) 
  • activity (school, outings, extra curricular)
  • discovery (learn, adventure, mistakes)


  • My purpose of late is focused on creativity and knowledge.  I continuously endeavor to fuel my spunky side and keep motivated, positive and filled with gratitude for all that I am lucky to have in so much abundance (family, children, friends).  I  strive to be identified by excellence, being helpful, knowledgeable and one who curates valuable content for others to enjoy.  I continue to develop my creativity -- to write and visual eye of  beautiful photography and art.



  • "You had me at hello."  ~Dorothy 
  •                                                                                                                                (Jerry Maguire, 1996)




Do you take time to just stop and appreciate what you have or take a look around you?   Or do you take stock and be bitter over the past or what shortcomings life may have?  Are you one of those score keepers? 

During the month of love, otherwise known as February, it is important that you love yourself above all else.  Not in a narcissistic self absorbed way (lord knows, there are plenty of those types out there), but in a kind way.  Remember your blessings and seek out all the good that you need to feel complete and happy.  There are enough things out there that can throw us curve balls.  If we are heart smart, they can't impact our health, our well being,  or our ability to love and be loved.


Whatever you do, I hope you have the time of your life!





"The best thing to hold
onto in life is each other."

~Audrey Hepburn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM