Out with the same ole same old


ART credit:  

er_cervello on instaGRAM 


Today is one of self-reflection
Thoughts uncorked.  Am I doing my purpose?  Do I love what I do?  What makes me the happiest when I'm doing it?  Out with the same ole same old and in with the new, refreshing, optimism.

Negative
The only negative vibe I have on my brain right now is why the heck am I getting so many job invites? It does irritate me that my information is spread around the big blue yonders of Twitter and Facebook.  I try not to be judgemental, however, it's harder to do when I get so many emails inviting me to be a Shipper or Receiver because my profile jumps out at them.

Savvy does
There is this really savvy recruiter with the last name McCabe that has caught my attention.  Brilliantly, he sends me snapshots of jobs he thinks I should apply for.  I've never connected virtually or otherwise.  He Am I doing my purpose?  Do I love what I do?  What makes me the happiest when I'm doing it?

Website delights
Or horrors depending upon which one you go on.  The people creating those forms are razzle dazzling the person with the wallet while they walk away snickering.  A sarcastic sense of humour with a superior knowledge, that is so relatable to the stats without any clue on how to do things like create, teamwork, imagineer creatively.  I could go public with the more excruciating ones.  The really savvy ones have already had me create a extended profile by answering the psychographics questions all nestled into the safety of their site.  One really really REALLY big BIG brand out of the US, which is known for its marketing ingenuity have already gotten answers from my test results.  

I already had this done 
Before I had set aside a website I had to go back and finish.  Then miracle by miracle they had an email address to response and attach Resume, references the old fashion way.  That is, before digital cartwheeling. 

Act your job
I decided that a National Social Media Director of an internationally recognized brand had to have some jive ... beat of their own song, know themselves a bit more, and share it honestly and transparently:  So here I went:


Of note
That big gihumongous company just sent me a note saying I fit in their cultural mode.  Interesting.  Is that a reflection that big companies are trying to create a positive culture by hiring the right people who will work together fabulously?  Fascinating eh?  Oh, back to the application.  Which by the way, will hardly be recognized because Calgarians are known to consider outsides and bring in the best from afar, so they don't hardly look at someone in their own backyard.  Or is that companies that are failing in establishing strong culture?  For pondering more, I'm sure.

_____________________________________________________________________ //
Good afternoon,

I am really happy that I stumbled upon your ad on Linked In.  It jumped out to me.

You see, I have been working actively in Social Media since 2010.  I was wondering what the fuss was all about, so I hopped on and happily formed a hobby.

The dream is to take all that great, juicy knowledge and apply it to someone who I can resonate for.  

I'm a kind of results driven gal.  Does that make me bossy or pushy, nah.  I've figured out that the best way to get people's attention is with well timed humour, think deeply about meaningful things, blog about it, tweet a message, share a quote, pin an image, and just promote promote.

If you're willing.  It is a new adventure for Big Rock.  Can we do it together?  Let's decide when we meet face to face to see what unfolds:  having me as your National Social Media person.  

I'm not completely a leap of faith.  I studied about demographics way back when I was at Western Living magazine starting in the late 80s. I'm particularly proud of one claim :: all awards, president clubs, aside :: I sold the outside back cover of the Olympic 1988 issue for Calgary Magazine's commemorative printed host for those Winter Olympics.  That was after the company I worked for doubted any one of us locally could sell one small ad, never mind the coveted position on any magazine.  The organization sought out an ad agency from Toronto.  See, that city has been the center of Canada's universe for quite a few years.  I learned how to collaborate, corroborate before "Team Work" was just important as creating revenue.  

I would welcome the opportunity to be considered.  Kindly reach out by reply to myemail@email.com or my cell 000.000.0000 which you will likely receive a message.  It would be nice if you would suggest a few optional times for this momentous event.

To show that I am completely legitimate, I've attached my resume for you to gaze through and think of a few questions to ask me.  After you read through some things people have said about me.  Or, you can find me on Linked In.  (Or I could make it easy for you by including thelink). https://ca.linkedin.com/in/jeannette-marshall-4075a11b   

Best,
Jeannette Marshall

_____________________________________________________________________ //

Sidebar
Maybe there are myths floating around that we're in a recession.  Lots of naysayers around, not enough jobs, outta job.  Well, apparently great companies are looking for outstanding talent.  They cast out a wider web to find the best real fit.  For the direction of the company, who they want to be their Ambassadors, their voice.  So keep on trying to be better at who you are and hang on to who you want to be.  It isn't impossible.  You just have to focus a little big more. 

Mystery Company?
Maybe I'll announce that company after I get the chance for a face to face.  Last time I did that, LOL (snickers out loud) I was called in to interview with one of the biggest, greatest technology companies of our time.  Guess who I go in to interview with?  A guy who managed a big box store, rhymes with Dome Peepo.   Another side story, that's me, definitely.  On my last real Goof Off day, I was in a mall and the store with the really big fruit was packed while the other had staff talking to each other to keep themselves awake.  I didn't say they were wrong.  I just wondered at the very moment after asked about him, good interview etiquette  by the way.  What was a guy who is seasonally oriented towards tools doing being the leader of a big technology name?  Earth to Mr. sounds like Yates.    Maybe opinionating is a worthy root for this blog.  I seem to have a number of topics I comment on.

Thank you
I thank you for popping in.  I enjoy having you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM