Orange you glad I picked orange?


I have implemented and included the color and fruit orange into my theme and as a key identifier or logo to be associated with @optioneerJM.  My blog is a bit behind my business cards that adopted the image several months ago. 

 I love the idea of the orange because it is so appealing to me and likely many others.  It depicts freshness, health, colorfulness, while being memorable.  I also associate the color orange with a positive vibe.


In my brief research, I discovered that in psychology, Orange is the color of social communication and optimism .... amazingly spot on to who I want to be associated with.  




Reading on, I learned that the color orange radiates warmth and happiness.  It relates to "gut reaction' or "gut instinct".  Orange also offers emotional strength in difficult times.  It helps us to bounce back from disappointment, despair and assists in the recovery from grief.  The color orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow.  

So, why do I put so much emphasis on the color orange?  It is because I read a long time back that the colors you select in your logo are important clues to longevity and success.  Imagine that? 

According to Wikipedia:  

Color psychology is the study of color as a determinant of human behavior. Examples include quantification of individual color preferences[1] and investigating the relationship between shirt color and match outcome in English football.[2] However, the interface between color and environmental stimuli is a highly complex interface and one which is open to the influence of a large number of factors. In addition, there are a number of key reasons why the principle of caveat emptor should prevail in regard to color psychology, especially in regard to information about colour psychology found in mainstream media and popular culture.[3]


The color psychology of orange is optimistic and uplifting, rejuvenating our spirit. In fact orange is so optimistic and uplifting that we should all find ways to use it in our everyday life, even if it is just an orange colored pen that we use.
Orange brings spontaneity and a positive outlook on life and is a great color to use during tough economic times, keeping us motivated and helping us to look on the bright side of life.



Here are a few more benefits of orange:

  • It promotes enthusiasm for life
  • Relates to adventure and risk-taking
  • Inspires confidence, competition and independence
  • Those inspired by orange are always on the go!
  • Those who love orange are extroverted and uninhibited
  • Orange lovers tend to show off
  • Orange stimulates two-way conversations
  • Orange gets people thinking and talking!


Well, I certainly hope my blog is uplifting, optimistic and spirited.  It is going to be an adventure to see whether it brings all the fun it promises.  Thank YOU for joining me on the ride!

1 comment:

  1. This post is surging (Jan 2, 2021)

    Colors are important and relay subliminal messaging - avoid negative impact.

    *^* jm

    @postingonedge (replaced @optioneerjm after Twitter suspended)
    @optioneerjm > Facebook Instagram Pinterest Word Press

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your post will be moderated to avoid SPAM